Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 7 - UPDATE

daz

Hi All

Firstly, apologies for the delays in getting out details to you - busy work and stuff!!

Bookings

So, don't panic - no-one has missed out on bookings yet - we are just testing the booking process and it should be live later today, or tomorrow at the latest.

A word for Caravan/motorhome owners - we have been asked to ensure you go onto the hard standings this year, so you will be allocated accordingly.

Food

This year, there will be a Hog Roast on the Saturday night only. The pub we used previously has changed hands and we have not had an opportunity to discuss with them, or find an alternative. We'll be doing this while we are there, rest assured!

Itinerary

This year, we have pared down the number of talks for the Saturday to allow time for a Scope Tour on the Saturday afternoon. The idea is for a tour of different set ups/scopes to willing owners' pitches, for people to see what is in use in the community.

10:00 to 11:00 – Talk 1

11:00 – 13:00 – Bring and Buy / Meet the Admin

13:00 to 14:00 – Talk 2

14:15 to 14:45 – Scope tour

15:00 to 16:00 – Talk 3

17:00 – Hog Roast

19:00 to 19:30 – Night Sky Tour (if clear)

This leaves Friday clear of any activities, and we thought it might be a good idea to offer out Friday to YOU, as a community if you want to run workshops / sessions!

We will have the marquee available, or the welcome tent, you just need to tell us what you want to do, and at what time! We'll make sure it's advertised, both on here and in the Welcome Packs!

Volunteers

Finally, I am in need of a couple of volunteers for the Night Sky Tour on Saturday. You'll need to be a confident speaker, with knowledge of the sky of course, to give a brief tour to interested SGL'ers and members of the public. We'll provide some Skymaps/notes to give away, but really need someone to do the tour. Can you help??

Also, if you would be happy to be one of the "stops" on the scope tour, please get in touch with me via PM

Not long now folks, so you are officially allowed to get excited!!

:):D

I have a volunteer for the Night Sky Tour and some to be 'stops' on the scope tour already - again, please do let me know if you would like to be a 'stop' :)

I can also confirm that Steppenwolf and NickH will be two of the speakers! Just waiting on responses for the third!!

I can also confirm that Steppenwolf and NickH will be two of the speakers! Just waiting on responses for the third!!

Excellent, looking forward to both those talks :)

Dare I prod the overworked admin with a stick and ask how the sign up page is going? :D

Archived