SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter & 3 moons Jan 14th Auto Dob f30

Space Cowboy

Wow! What a day, firstly I see my Nov 27th Jup image on this months sky at night program and then tonight have a 3 hr Jupiter imaging bonanza with moons galore! Seeing was good and transparency excellent!

Quick process here, still got 30 avis to go through with moons moving back and forth (fingers crossed a animation is on the cards).

6.16pm Auto Dob + DFK & 5x powermate= f30

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture15196-dfk0010-12-01-14-18-16-55-finish.png

:D Nice shot Stewart.

Congratulations on the "Sky at Night" achievement :)

I thought you had already shot your last Jupiter for the season :D

But in any case an animation with all those moons flying around should be pretty speckky:headbang:

Nice shot Stuart, seeing dived here after the first two shots as jupiter got closer to my house roof, same temperature problems. But i might have a couple of reds at 11 metres. it was damm cold out there. Your location seems less affected by these problems are you surrounded by close houses ? Just interested. roll on springtime

Very nice shot Stuart, I think you should keep going with Jupiter for a little longer as I tried Mars an Saturn early Sat morning but they are still quite a challenge at the moment compared to Jupiter even though its past its best.

Saturn was just rising above my garage roof at 3am but still to low to even make out the Cassini devision.

Lee

:D Nice shot Stewart.

Congratulations on the "Sky at Night" achievement :)

I thought you had already shot your last Jupiter for the season :D

But in any case an animation with all those moons flying around should be pretty speckky:headbang:

Thanks Rob just gotta keep my feet on the ground and avoid the fast cars and loose women temptation that fame brings :o

I'd not managed any moon transits this Jupiter season so could not resist cashing in when seeing was so good!

Cheers Neil, yes I too was shooting over houses but you are using much longer fl so I guess this makes your imaging more sensitive to seeing variations. Clayton has just alerted me that my fl is under 7 meters at around f26 not f30 as I'd not taken into account using a different eyepiece holder (self centering) which has less extension.

Thanks for everyones comments!

2 more from last night. First taken at 7.55pm and 8.41pm.

Europa moving across Jupiter as Io edges closer. 7.55pm.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture15216-dfk0023-12-01-14-19-55-18.png

Granymede reappears from behind Jupiter while Io has slipped behind the Planet and the transisting Europa appears invisible. GRS coming around the corner. 8.41pm.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture15217-dfk0001-12-01-14-20-41-37.png

Archived