Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OMG Fog

UnderTheRain

Looked out at 5pm the sky was looking good, popped back into the house just watched a quick vid on youtube on precise pilar alignment set my mount up, opened the back door only to be greeted by fog /facepalm just checked again and the fogs been replaced by cloud :) well the night is long fingers crossed it clears later.

Foggy here too. Managed an hour looking at Jupiter, then it got to the point where I could only see Jupiter and the brighter stars. Then the plaides disappeared then everything froze up now I'm sat here in the warm with a glass of the old falling over. Better luck tomorrow hopefully.!! Cheers.

I was really looking forward to tonight after last nights clear skies... it was clear to around 5PM and then a huge bank of black cloud appeared out of nowhere and it's still frigging there 4 hours later. Don't think anything will happen tonight for me, going to have to make last night last for a while in the memory to compensate for such crappy winter weather.

been out for a couple of hours and noticed everything getting suddenly very wet, looked up and where did that lot come from.

I knew 2 clear nights on the trot was to good to be true, must of been the Cheshire from FLO in the post this morning :)

yeah what the hell, it was clear ALL day long and evening. Had my dinner then cleaned the kitchen before doing 3 trips up and down 2 floors for all my gear.

I stepped outside and bam, 90 % cloud cover... :)

I managed to have a pretty successful night in Kilmarnock.

Just recently started looking into Astronomy so it was a nice night of discovery :-).

The fog is on the horizon here but managed to spot Sirius (fantastic colours coming off it tonight), the Plaides, Jupiter and a couple of constellations that were knew to me. All with the naked eye though. Looking at getting a scope for my Birthday in April

Archived