Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargazing Live - Delapre Abbey, Northampton

Hi all,

So who's coming to this event? Being fairly new to all this jazz I've not been to an outreach event before. Anyone know what is planned for it?

The only thing I could find on it was this.

If there's anything I can do to help though just let me know! :)

Matt

Hi Matt

Here are the details of Northampton's contribution of the Stargazing Live events.

Dave

*** Stargazing LIVE in Northamptonshire ***

Tonight sees the return of BBC Stargazing LIVE on tv and the Astronomy Section of the Northamptonshire Natural History Society is delighted to announce that we are holding 3 public observing evenings in conjunction with the BBC. The events are completely free of charge and feel free to bring along families and friends. Booking is not required.

We hope to be able to show the splendours of the night sky and will provide several telescopes for people to use. The BBC have also given us more copies of their excellent star guides (which also includes a guide to the moon) and some astronomy activity cards. These are free of charge but numbers are limited.

The events will be held on:

Sunday 22nd Jan – Delapre Abbey Park (near the Model Steam Trains) 6-10pm

Saturday 28th Jan – Salcey Forest – in conjunction with the Forestry Commission (meet at the Forest Café) 6-8:30pm

Monday 30th Jan – Humfrey Rooms, Castilian Terrace, Northampton 7:30-10pm

Please use your judgement if it’s cloudy or raining, but if it’s not clear on the 28th or 30th, there will be talk on the night sky.

You don’t need to book and the events will be suitable for all. Please remember to dress warmly as if the last few days are anything to go by, it will get very cold. We advise thick soled boots, gloves and a hat. You may also wish to bring along your binoculars and/or a red torch – please don’t use white light torches as they will interfere with the views people will get.

We have more details on our website – NNHS Redirection page.

Also, the BBC website has some excellent links and packs that can be downloaded - BBC - Programmes - Stargazing LIVE - How To Guides.

If you do require any further information, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope to see you at one our events.

Best wishes,

Dusko Novakovic

Astronomy Secretary

Northamptonshire Natural History Society

NNHS Redirection page

Hi Folks,

We will in Salcey Forest this Saturday for another Stargazing Live event. Details below:

Dave

The Astronomy Section of the Northamptonshire Natural History Society is delighted to announce that we are holding 3 public observing evenings in conjunction with the BBC. The events are completely free of charge and feel free to bring along families and friends. Booking is not required.

We hope to be able to show the splendours of the night sky and will provide several telescopes for people to use. The BBC have also given us more copies of their excellent star guides (which also includes a guide to the moon) and some astronomy activity cards. These are free of charge but numbers are limited.

The last two events left are:

Saturday 28th Jan – Salcey Forest – in conjunction with the Forestry Commission (meet at the Forest Café) 6-8:30pm

Monday 30th Jan – Humfrey Rooms, Castilian Terrace, Northampton 7:30-10pm

Please use your judgement if it’s cloudy or raining, but if it’s not clear on the 28th or 30th, there will be a talk on the night sky.

You don’t need to book and the events will be suitable for all. Please remember to dress warmly as if the last few days are anything to go by, it will get very cold. We advise thick soled boots, gloves and a hat. You may also wish to bring along your binoculars and/or a red torch – please don’t use white light torches as they will interfere with the views people will get.

We have more details on our website – NNHS Redirection page.

Also, the BBC website has some excellent links and packs that can be downloaded - BBC - Programmes - Stargazing LIVE - How To Guides.

If you do require any further information, please let me know. Otherwise, We hope to see you at one our events.

Best wishes,

Dusko Novakovic

Astronomy Secretary

Northamptonshire Natural History Society

NNHS Redirection page

Our last Stargazing Live event at the Humphrey Rooms in Castillian Terrace, Northampton. TONIGHT - 30th January 2012, 7:30pm.

We had at least 250 people for our event on Saturday night at Salcey Forest with clear skies for the last hour.

Archived