Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arhhhhh!!!! Please help!!!

Can anyone help???

As a newcomer, i was out last night taking some pics of Orion and Taurus. I took 2 sets of ten images with 5 dark shot of equal exposure.

Downloaded Deepspacestacker and had a go at stacking...but with no success!!! Grrrr

I followed the intructions on DSS website to the 'T'. But as the program goes through its process of stacking the images...i get the message 'Out of Memory' just as its saving the image after the very long process. How annoying is that ???

Anyway, i closed the program, restarted it and opened the autosaved image. To the edit histogram page (with the grey image...which i believ is correct). Managed to produce the right curve in the histogram, but then click apply...and nothing happens!!

Can anyone help???? Arghhhh!!!

Was up all night until 7am trying to do this!!! :) Got matchsticks holding my eyes open.

I agree with Earl. It is a problem with DSLR images which are quite big. Here is where you find it. Make sure that 2x drizzle and 3x drizzle (circled in red) are NOT ticked.

post-16549-133877717259_thumb.jpg

Well...i eventually managed to produce 2 images .....of sorts!!!!

Hardly mind blowing though. Bearing in mind, i was using an 18mm wide angle lens on my dslr. First image consists of orions belt and taurus (i think...remember im new to this!!...so i could well be wrong!!)

As far as processing goes...there is an awfull lot of pollution!! But knowing what i know (which is next to nothing) i have managed to reduce a lot of it...though it might not seem it!!

Help and advice welcome. :)

post-32233-133877717401_thumb.jpg

post-32233-133877717407_thumb.jpg

Gentle suggestions:

1) Don't sweat the small stuff over stacking, it adds polish, but you need better original frames

2) Watch the histogram on your DSLR - try to bump the ISO and exposure until you get signal which doesn't hit the sides.

3) Recommend you capture 80-120 frames before stacking

4) Take a few 1/8000th sec exposure shots to capture bias

HTH!

Incidentally, I'd recommend creating a properly descriptive subject line, and detailing all the kit you have and all technical details you can offer for next time...

If you didn't process these heavily in PS afterwards bump up from your 800iso to 1600 and see what that does...doesn't look like you are getting much LP gradient in those images...like trull said take more subs and add some bias shots in there. I usually stick to a min of 30-40 sub shots...30sec at 18mm and 20sec at 35mm exposures.

Have you processed these at all after DSS stacking?

It's just that the final stacked TIF file is always very dark, and will always require an extensive amount of tweaking of curves and levels afterwards in a program like Photoshop or GIMP. I suspect that you have the data in there, but have just converted the TIF to a JPEG without any post-processing?

Have you processed these at all after DSS stacking?

It's just that the final stacked TIF file is always very dark, and will always require an extensive amount of tweaking of curves and levels afterwards in a program like Photoshop or GIMP. I suspect that you have the data in there, but have just converted the TIF to a JPEG without any post-processing?

Seems like we both didn't read the whole lot as it said he got rid of most of the light pollution...so yes there was post processing after DSS...with that, you probably didn't want to remove all the LP in there as it seems you have clipped some actual data off the final image...never really want your final images to be completely dark as it gets rid of a lot of data that was not light pollution.

Archived