SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ooh, it's great out there tonight

WayBig

Cold, clear, very, very still, what are you reading this for, get outside.

Could be a great opportunity for a late Jupiter image, which is what i've been trying (though the grs is hiding until 2am). I also tried to get my first image of Venus, though the low altitude made that tricky.

Have fun.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish lol ..... As always, from the surrounding valleys all I have is a big sheet of mist/fog leaving a tiny hole with decent seeing. It's getting a bit silly now to the point im wondering why I keep the gear. Everytime it's clear, or they say it will be, I am greeted with the wall of glowing orange horror.

Don't rub it in... under strict instructions from the nurse (wife) that I'm not to go out, having a chest infection... I've tried convincing her that the cold snap might kill the germs, but she isn't having any of it :icon_scratch:

I'll be trying out the new way of imaging - sitting in the warm!

I've made two 10M USB cables using 5M active repeater cable. I'm hoping to setup, then just sit in the warm on the sofa with the scope imaging outside :icon_scratch:

Absolutely gorgeous outside here in Southern Sweden! Best night in ages. The Orion nebula is looking awesome against a deep deep deep blue (LP -- never black here) background, and the Pleiades..... Wow!

Just in to make a cuppa, then back out. I have a feeling this'll be a late one.....

I’m sort of out – well the scope is, I’m sat in the lounge in front of the log burner, glass of wine, music blaring – thank you for Wi-Fi……. 90 mins of Ha on Elephant Trunk Neb so far.

Mick

Potentially game over in Suffolk! cloud has just rolled in from the north east:(

My fault.......for setting up all the imaging gear ready for at least 3hrs on M42. Must of been just to tempting for the weather gods to resist.......:)

Cold, clear, very, very still, what are you reading this for, get outside.

Have fun.

I've been outside and you're right, it is cold. Therefore, I came in doors to remotely control everything and sip a G&T.

It's definitely Fri 13th as my first two 5min subs both had aeroplane trails through them. Perhaps, the Horsehead Nebula is used as a navigation beacon for aircraft approaching Luton!

It's all good fun though :)

Potentially game over in Suffolk! cloud has just rolled in from the north east:(

My fault.......for setting up all the imaging gear ready for at least 3hrs on M42. Must of been just to tempting for the weather gods to resist.......:)

Ditto Stan, just rolling over my house now, wasn't expecting them to sneak up behind me! Didn't notice until they were above my head.

Ditto malc-c. Miserable isn't it :D

Frustrating :):mad:

But I ignored the doctors orders, put the heaters on in the warm room and went out for an hour or so... big mistake !!! (I got that "told you so" look when I came in wracking my head off)

Could of done with having my dew heater up and running - the guidescope froze over in that short space of time - and my weather station is reporting 99% humidity. Got a feeling the fog will be starting to roll in within an couple of hours

Hope you feel better soon,

@Luke I hope it isn't serious

Fog stopped play. I think there might be a handful of workable lights in there. Just took a set of flats, and the darks are in progress. Hopefully will get some semblance of an image out of the session.

Archived