SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Testers For New Astronomy Website

Grant

Hi everyone,

I have a new astronomy website in the works, it should be ready for testing over the weekend and I need 20-30 people to start trying it out, using it and basically trying to break it so I can fix it before its unleashed on the world.

If you are interested in being a tester, then please reply in this thread or pm me. I will then send you the details.

The project is a sort of Isee Stars version 2 but simpler and more powerful....

Anybody who helps test will receive 1 years free advanced account as a thank you, this will give you higher usage limits than a standard free account...

Cheers,

Grant

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone, it really is appreciated! Expect a pm with details over the weekend :D

Just curious, but what web server are you hosting it on?

At the moment, I have space on various shared servers but I am fast approaching the point where if I add all the bits of servers together I could have my own server somewhere so sometime over the summer, this is what I hope to do.... The servers currently are linux, centos to be exact but I will most likely switch to ubuntu when I have my own server...

I'm up for giving it a go! I have a (well founded) reputation at work for breaking things.. :police: I can also test it using both a PC and a Mac if thats any help.

James

Its the Mac testing that worries me! The site I'm building is largely based on a site I've already built for a completely different purpose, in testing that site I had huge problems with Safari, thankfully though alot of Mac users are now using firefox, which imho is the best browser by far :D

Archived