Findershoe to fit Skywatcher Crayford.

Hi All. Recently fitted a Skywatcher Crayford Focuser to my Celestron C100 R. I have fitted what I believe is a standard SW findershoe to the OTA, to fit my finder and rdf. Having trouble lining up the f scope and rdf.

Thinking the findershoe is not "curved" enuf , best way I can describe it, to allow me to align with the OTA.

Anyone point me in the right direction for another findershoe that will "sit " correctly on the crayford so I can align finder and rdf.

regards to all as always John

All you need is a standard Synta type mounting shoe with one small modification. Just drill and countersink one central hole in the foot for a 5mm mounting screw and it will then fit just right on the focuser. This isn't a SkyWatcher crayford but the dimensions are the same.

Make sure the foot is one of these though.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/finder-mounting-shoe.html

The foot that is sold on the Scopes'n'Skies Astroboot is not suitable as the "legs"on the foot are too short and it won't sit down properly on the curve of the focuser.

I think I'll have to take some proper photos of the mod to show how easy it is.

John

post-14522-133877715446_thumb.jpg

post-14522-13387771545_thumb.jpg

Hi John. Thanks as always for the info. Pictures do a say a thousand words. Your comment re the "legs" of the shoe not being long enough was what I was trying to convey, in my usual hamfisted fashion.

An order to FLO will be completed today.

Regards and clear skies. John

Archived