SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

C11 SCT worth while Accessories

bhy111

Hi, new to the forum.

Got my first scope in the early 70’s, all scopes since then had 1 ¼” eye pieces, fell out of this hobby for a long time but happy to say now returning.

Now have a C11 SCT and would like to know if I should go to the 2” visual back or stick with the 1 ¼”. (major decision... any suggestions?).

Any suggestions for some worth while eyepieces, barlows and filters for looking at planets and nebula?

Any experience is very much appreciated.

Hi and welcome. 2" eyepieces and filters tend to be more expensive than the 1.25" equivalents, but if money is no problem then go for 2". Have a trip to a local astronomical club and see if any there use both. You can then compare before you commit yourself.

Hi Bhy111,

Welcome to the forums.

I have been advised by people far more experienced than me, that a 2" diagonal will be more rigid if you are hooking up a camera. Other than that, as has been said, the 1.25" fittings are a bit cheaper.

Archived