Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Running man who ran away

Jessun

Just a quick edit of 90 min of mostly M42 from my wobbly city centre balcony in severe LP and a moon at 90% full. Never realized how elusive the running man is btw. This image is also a prime candidate for (amongst other things) a crash course in layer masking.... That trap is a mess here, just thought I'd post it here anyways...

PS nearly dropped the whole lot off the balcony last night.... :(

post-28991-133877714162_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,

Did another run yesterday to see if my attempts at collimation improved things. Tried to get Trapezium at short exposures. (Havent opened up that folder yet so don't know how it turned out...)

Rope, seriously thinking about it!

Olly I still get hickups when I see the price of PS, so I picked up Paint Shop Pro yesterday. The essence of that guide should still apply to PSP though. Second image above is simply two entire images layered without any masking.

Below it my wobbly obsy lastnight with the Moon up, clouds, LP and some winds too...:(

post-28991-133877715256_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's a great balcony view if you're not an astronomer!

I know what you mean about Ps but I found a copy of CS3 on Amazon for a far more reasonable sum than the new price. I can't remember but it was in the order of £200 I think.

I really am knocked out by your success with colour in such LP.

Olly

Elements is a lot less expensive than the full-blown version. I am just starting to learn how to use it, but so far it seems to do just about everything you want the F-B version to do . Am I wrong ? Somebody ?

Jim S.

Archived