Narrowband

Eyepiece's & Barlow's and other equipment

Basically yes. Any standard eyepiece will work in any telescope.

Obviously some eyepiece designs and quality are better than others.

Similarly with powerpacks, if the connections to the mounts are the same...

For eyepieces / barlows, in principle, yes, provided that the eyepiece / barlow fitting is compatible with the scope (either 1.25" or 2") and that the usual guidelines about not using too much magnification are borne in mind.

In terms of manufacture you can use any but what you do need to consider is the magnification you are going to achieve with a particular eyepiece. If I use my Skywatcher 150P as an example, it has a focal length of 750mm. If I use a 6mm eyepiece it is going to give me a magnification of 125x (scope focal length/eyepiece focal length) which is fine as my scope (under perfect conditions) is supposed to be good upto 300x magnification. If I then went and added a 4x barlow as well as the 6mm eyepiece it would push the magnification upto 500x (125 x 4) and id never achieve focus. In short you need to do your sums before you buy

Archived