SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help with Jupiter and Regsitax 6- raw avi included!

I've tried processing this through Registax 6 and a bit of cropping and adjustment has brought out this:

Capture%2005_01_2012%2020_11_34cropped.jpg?w=ca5e70a5

Using the equipment in my signature was hoping it would have brought out a bit more detail or am I being a bit too hopeful? Seeing conditions were good and my scope was cooled down for at least 45 mins.

Link to the avi below :

Raw avi file

Many thanks for any help in advance!

Cheers,

Will

@eid that looks a lot sharper than my attempt! Did you do that through registax 6?

Cheers,

Will

Yes I ran it through registax using the instructions here:

http://www.sunspot51.com/Registax6/Registax6.htm

I used about 800 frames. Then I doubled its size in registax.

Then I buffed it up a little in Lightroom. I think I should have increased exposure slightly.

This is what it loooked like before Lightroom (though I have cropped it):

post-30821-133877714043_thumb.jpg

For cropping the video pre-process it in Castrator

Webcam Astrophotography by Emil Kraaikamp - Castrator

Castrator will center (=register) all the frames on the planet and crop the frames as you whish, creating a much lighter video file. The resulting video file will weight a lot less (in this case only a few Mb) and, as the planet has been pre-registered, Registax will work better and much faster.

Use a barlow or eyepiece proyection to get a bigger planet. Care with the focus, take your time to focus. Observe the stars arround, if they are blinking probably you will not get good results on the planet.

Archived