Antares 2" to 1.25" Twist-Lock & 2" SW Newtonian ring

mindburner

hi

I just purchased the Antares twist lock adapter and it is a superb bit of kit. It simply goes into a 2inch opening and is locked down. The ring on the 1.25 end can then be tightened to comfortably grip eyepieces and cameras etc. It is a well made and sold item. Agena astro in USA were very quick to ship it to me.

Antares 2" to 1.25" Twist-Lock Eyepiece Adapter

It is very useful for collimation of Newtonians. I used it on my SW 300p and it gave much more central positioning when using the laser collimater.

Another benefit is that of reducing inward focus travel. Which can be a real pain with SW dobsonians. I replaced the service ring on the Sw with a:

TS Optics Adapter to 2" with compression ring

This is IMO an overpriced item (52 euro posted to UK) but it is well made and works as it's supposed to

It enabled the Antares to push in and gave a much closer focusing profile. I was able to achieve focus with my SCB-4000 video camera. I also hope to be able to use my WO binoviewers once the weather clears.

Here is a picture of the two adapters fitted to the SW focuser:

IMG_0926.JPG

also, Unscrewing the silver lock ring exposes a male T-thread on the lower black barrel, which conveniently functions as a 2" prime focus (2"-to-T Thread) adapter by itself.

My advice is get one:)

I have one of these for my Dob and find it great for quickly changing 1 1/4" eyepieces with no messing with screws.

I know some people dont bother screwing the EPs in with Dobs, but having had a Newt on a GEM before and having had the odd EP drop out, it kind of a habit now.

I find it good for collimation also.

Bart

just an update to say that yes, these 2 adapters work 100% with the WO binoviewers as long as you use the included WO barlow nose piece. The moon was STUNNING last night with the WO's. Far better than a single EP. Jupiter was the best view I had ever seen. I was never a fan of binos, but the dob & WO binos have converted me

Archived