Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

lillypad119

Williams bino viewer

I have recently purchased a Williams Bino eyepiece with the intention of using it with my Skywatcher MN190. But I'm having problems getting an image.

Is there anyone in the Lounge who can spare some time discussing my problem please.

are you using the OCS that comes with it (basically, a barlow that screws into the nosepiece of the binoviewer)? you may have trouble getting focus without it.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have tried that but can't seem to get enough extenseion on the focusser to get get focus.

maybe the OCS is pushing the focus too far out and you need an extension tube? are you sure the problem is not enough out-focus rather than not enough in-focus?

I think the scope is designed for imaging so that might have an affect on where the focal point is but that's beyond my very limited knowledge.

I have a 200p and found I could only get focus with a 2.5x powermate, I couldn't get focus with the included OCS. Worth it though.

Adrian

Just in case he does not see this thread you might like to send a PM to JonH.

Jon has the MN190 Mak-Newt and some WO binoviewers. Clearly he may have experimented with this set up - so worth a private message to Jon.

Mark