Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

robbie c

Nothing Changes

Nothing changes then:mad: new year same old weather cloud, rain, wind and blowing up to 80mph don't look like anyone will be getting out this week! well I know I wont :)

Same here. I'm sure we'll get a good clear patch soon.

I know because Santa left a note saying so.

Bart

Was out earlier yesterday just before the clouds rolled in..

managed a couple of hours last night ;)

then the new neighbour over the back put all his security lights on!! :)

Managed a couple of hours or so last evening before I was clouded out but even then the seeing was not good.

windy as a sprout eaters underpants here hoping my greenhouse remains intacked :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

windy as a sprout eaters underpants here hoping my greenhouse remains intacked ;)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

:)

It's cleared up here but the wind is insane. Also the weather keeps changing its mind - alternating between clear skies and torrential downpours. Don't think I'll be going out tonight!

Sent using Tapatalk

It's clear as anything over Stevenage this evening. Venus is as bright as anything.

Just seen a satellite whizzing its way over head with the naked eye, usually these are washed out due to LP and Ive only seen them this clear thru bins or telescope.

Shame its windy and Ive gotta take a football training session otherwise I would have set the gear up again this evening.

Wind,rain,clouds. The usual suspects. Hope i get a break in the clouds later to at least try to get out to see a few Quadrantids.

Blowy, partial cloudy and blumming cold as well. The forecast is for the clouds to clear away in the early hours and hopefully provide me with ideal viewing conditions for the Quads before dawn. I have just been outside to attempt collimation of my 15x70s but retreated back inside as that wind is biting and making it uncomfortable to be out.

As soon as I went out, got 10 minutes in looking at M45, M42 and then came the clouds. The last 3 weeks for me has been rubbish sky conditions. Boo!

Windy but clear pretty much all night. I would have gone out but the risk of rain put me off although in hindsight no rain at all. I've got an early start tomorrow which I am no longer used to due to the hols so this also put me off on the basis there will be other clear nights..... boy did I get that wrong.