Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mt John Observatory, Lake Tekapo

Digz

Hi All,

You may not know, but the last few weeks my wife and I have been on honeymoon in New Zealand. Anyway, last night we managed to get a tour upto the Mt John Observatory, Lake Tekapo. A great evening which was marred by cloud to start but cleared a little towards to the end. Ive only limited internet access at the moment, but thought I would share this as its well worth the visit if your in this part of the world.

If people would be interested I can write a more thorough report when we get back? Also, we have had some cracking clear skies, hopefully Ill be able to pull something from my limited exposures with no tripod!!!

It was a great tour and it was good to see behind the scenes. It's a bit weird but you need a cloudy night to see the kit otherwise it's out of bounds as its being used. We managed to get the best of both worlds.

I must admit I could easily find myself emigrating to NZ we've had a superb time.

Archived