SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When did you last see the Milkyway?

Jessun

I'm guessing so... at least, it won't be a Cessna at 39,000 feet!

No indeed - but I'd have been a bit worried if it was - say - a Typhoon.....

It's Airbus 319-320 btw.

....but now we know Jessun's line of business!

I'm fairly familiar with the A319 - from the passenger's viewpoint that is :p - 'cos that's what usually takes us on the run to Toulouse, we go a few times each year. But, if on a night flight, I've never seen more from the cabin windows than the Moon and one or two of the brighter planets. There's rather a lot of ambient light in the cabin....

Have you ever done a Total Eclipse flight? Now that would be quite an experience! But I believe, to get a decent length of totality needs an aircraft of the likes of Concorde, and Concorde is no more...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it the day after christmas this year and might I point out for the first time ever as well. I am an east coast bunny so tons of LP where I live so going to CA into the mountains was truely awe inspiring. I saw the entire band and could very easily pick out M31 with my eye...as well saw a lot of nebulosity in blue and greens on M42. By far the best experience with the stars I have ever had in my life.

Lol to be honest it took me probably 10 minutes to get my bearings because I wasn't used to seeing so many stars that I could only pick out Orion for the first 10 minutes of viewing.

Archived