Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does anyone rate this book for imaging

The New Ccd Astronomy: How to Capture the Stars With a Ccd Camera in Your Own Backyard

I'm after a good book for imaging going from basics to something that will last and 'in-depth'....

???

There has been a thread on this before nessy but can't find it at the mo. This is the authorative book on CCD imaging. It will tell you nothing about imaging with a DSLR or a modified web cam come to that. However even then much of the ground covered is relevant regardless of camera.

It is aimed at people of all levels including expert so at first glance it can seem very daunting and esoteric. He discusses in detail some very high end expensive equipment without batting an eyelid. However there is plenty in there for the committed novice. This book will makes it clear the mountain that has to be climbed to achieve the quality of some of the images you see. You just read through the articles picking out the stuff which is at your level. Get a bit of practice, come back and you start to understand what was previously incomprehensible.

The book is quite expensive but you can get the internet version for around £16.

It is the authoratative book on CCD astroimaging and the one I wouldn't be without

I like it too. I bought the e-version. Its helped me get a starting grip on this learning curve and I'm sure I'll keep returning and returning to it as I experiment and so learn more. I also like being able to print off sections and take them with me when travelling (much easier than a book!).

Helen

Archived