SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion nebula

blinky

I took this the night before Christmas Eve but due to the festivities only got round to processing (or should that be playing?) with it tonight. It's 2hrs (Due to the usual suspect - cloud) taken with my Altair F4 Newt and QHY8 (with Baader MPCC). I think there were around 13x 1 min subs for the core and the rest of the 2 hrs was taken up with 10 min subs. Although the stars are not perfect, I think I am nearly there with regards to collimation. The F4 and QHY8 also picks up shed loads of red Ha so I upped the saturation of the blues a little to bring out the outer dust in the nebula.

post-13107-133877710236_thumb.jpg

That's a damn fine M42 Craig, and to my eyes the stars look good, if a little green, the nebulous envelopes are great too. The Running Man is easy to see doing his stuff.

I believe you're mighty happy with what you have achieved here.

Great result :D.

Ron.

That's a damn fine M42 Craig, and to my eyes the stars look good, if a little green, the nebulous envelopes are great too. The Running Man is easy to see doing his stuff.

I believe you're mighty happy with what you have achieved here.

Great result :D.

Ron.

Think your correct with regards to the green Ron - I did another pass of HLVG and this looks better.....

post-13107-1338777103_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I took this the night before Christmas Eve but due to the festivities only got round to processing (or should that be playing?) with it tonight. It's 2hrs (Due to the usual suspect - cloud) taken with my Altair F4 Newt and QHY8 (with Baader MPCC). I think there were around 13x 1 min subs for the core and the rest of the 2 hrs was taken up with 10 min subs. Although the stars are not perfect, I think I am nearly there with regards to collimation. The F4 and QHY8 also picks up shed loads of red Ha so I upped the saturation of the blues a little to bring out the outer dust in the nebula.

Outstanding - makes me want to put the 80mm frac away for a while and try my QHY8 out on the C8 or 10 newt :D

Really like the colour treatment

David

Archived