Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

new roll off shed underway

amkat

hi all after 10 months out of work i have at last got a new job so the first few pounds have gone on a new heq5 sw 200 pds with an st 80 guide scope and have started on a roll off shed

after many years of set up and clouds rolling in its well over due

and i have just moved to an almost dark sky area i have added a few pics still have to finish the roof and then kit the inside out

funds wont allow a pier so i will be mounting on the heq5 i have had 3 small perspex cups made which are 3 inches deep and go to the concrete base which will be siliconed in place for the legs to drop in to i reckon 2 more days off and should be almost done weather permitting :D any comments or advice most welcome

thanks Andy

post-24939-133877709907_thumb.jpg

post-24939-133877709913_thumb.jpg

post-24939-133877709917_thumb.jpg

post-24939-133877709921_thumb.jpg

post-24939-133877709925_thumb.jpg

post-24939-133877709929_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi thanks

I have thought about the concrete pier route but this shed is not moving out the way now for me to dig out and set it in place i may in time have funds for a purpose built steel one which i can bolt down to my base it will just be good to get out and use my gear thanks Andy

thanks its been a long time in the planning

and all my own work where are all your mates when you start a bit of diy

not a good time to start a project during any holiday time and i know next time they come round it will be why did you not give me a call lol

• 2 weeks later...

That is fantastic. I hope to build something like that some day when I get a house that isn't in the middle of the city,and one with an actual garden too,that'd be nice :().

Great work mate. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from that.

Felix

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Binoculars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy -I'd be interested in knowing how long it's taken to build as I'm currently weighing up a DIY shed or an alexanders shed (and yes I have read all the posts). Having read the various posts on this site, DIY sheds have a huge range of build times, depending if you have the free time/have the skills/and the quality of the end product.

re build time and cost

This ror has taken about 6 full days so far just finishing off the inside approx 1 day more this has been done all by my self so if you get some help it will be a breeze

8x6 pent shed 12mm @ £350.00

timber from local wood yard @ £150.00

rollers on line shop £20.00 for 6

heavy grade roof felt £30.00 1 roll

guide rails for rollers from drews 8 ft x 4 @ £8.00 each

turn buckles x4 from drews £ £2.50 each

screw fix gold screws various sizes £20.00

2 post holders to bolt down on concreate base £10.00

wood treatment 1 tin £15.00 homebase

1 tin black paint for the inside £15.00

electrician friend to wire it up @ £ 3 pints of beer

So all done for less than £700.00 + blisters + bad back + one hammer hit to the thumb :) but well worth it and cheaper than

buying ready made .

cheers Andy

ah ah yes forgot about the base very handy for me all ready done

but add the cost of a base and yes indeed a bargain but i have not gone with a pier

just the heq5 legs so some saving there aswell

• 1 month later...

An update on my ror .

All inside painted.added a second lcd for focusing untill i get a motor focus. warm room done . holes for heq5 mount drilled .

interlocking foam floor in the post. a bit of wiring . install my alarm.

so i hope next week it will be ready for lift off :)

post-24939-133877747722_thumb.jpg

post-24939-133877747726_thumb.jpg

Archived