Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

jonathan

What are you planning to buy or is on your wishlist for 2012?

I've only been in this game a few weeks, but I think I'm going to invest in a collimation tool, a solar filter and a 6mm lens.

Since i've pretty much only started, I need as few things. I have whats on my sig plus a couple of decent lenses. I now need or would like to get the following items this year.

Another couple of 2" lenses. A decent Diagonal 1.25" and a 2", Collimator, Atik Titan and a guide camera to go with it, Power tank of some sort, Dew Heater, Telrad charts, Observation chair and finally but definitely the most expensive a NEQ6 Pro Synscan tripod.

250PX might see if I can stretch to a 300PX, some new eye pieces a 32mm 2" wa and a new 4mm 1.25.

Edited by Trickystar1

I am still searching for a TeleVue 2" 2x Powermate, in as new condition, as a Senior Citizen my pocket is not now deep enough to be able to afford a new one, they seem to be as rare as rocking horse manure at present :)

Just about to order my 200p dob!!!! Excited?? Me?? Just a bit!!!!

Got a big wish list for accessories (EP's/RDF/ more warm clothing!) but I'm going to be really sensible and take it one step at a time.....Honest :)

but I'm going to be really sensible and take it one step at a time.....Honest :)

If you're like me then it's more of a case of "one giant leap for mankind" :(

I'm currently mountless hoping to find a HEQ5 pro mount, keep seeing the odd one on the bay but they keep selling at almost the same price as new, heres hoping on comes up on ABS soon.

Well, having enjoyed using my TAL 100rs on a few nights...I'm already wondering what the TAL 125r apo is like (and how I could hide the cost from SWMBO!).

Maybe a couple of nice eps will have to do in the meantime :D !

I think this year I may well get myself a dedicated solar telescope.

Check! Bought myself a Lunt LS60, very impressed with my first go with it today. :D

Well, so far in 2012 I have bought:-

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Dual LED

First Light Optics - Skywatcher EQ5 Deluxe

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Dovetail Mounting Plates

Telrad Red Dot Finder

First Light Optics - Single-Axis D.C. Motor Drive for EQ5

My wish list for the rest of 2012 is :-

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 200P DS OTA

New ep's 5-8mm, 10mm, 18mm, 25mm (sizes still to be decided)

10x50 binos

a collimator device either laser or cheshire or both

An Astro chair of some discription

Laptop or tablet

Smart phone

looking to get scope towards the end of the year :D

Unless my numbers come up I can't see any purchases this year. The recession has taken hold in Wingman Towers :D

I'm in an iffy place at the moment, i'm definitely looking to buy my own scope soon since i can't keep this loaner forever. I can afford a 130 heritage, but have heard they are a little "meh" as far as views/quality go. I can stretch to a skyliner 150p probably this month, or i can go all out, bankrupt myself and literally just about survive the month (and get in a lot of trouble) and get a 200p, which is what i REALLY want... :p

you gotta go for what you really want dude and why have to save at a later date for an upgrade 200p init lol have fun..

you gotta go for what you really want dude and why have to save at a later date for an upgrade 200p init lol have fun..

I got the 200p in the end, then the next month got some other bits and bobs for mods, and an 8mm BST. :p

Now hoping for a 31mm hyperion aspheric for my birthday, and gonna treat myself to a 12-15mm BST for globular season.

let see...2012 wishlist, well as i'm as much of a newbie to this as i'm ever going to be, and i've already crossed a good few items off my wish-list in the past few weeks by getting some revelation EPs and Filters (see my sig) i think i'll be on the look out for the following:

• Sky Watcher LP Filter
  • 2x Barlow
  • UHC / O-III Filter
  • Baader solar filter
  • Cheshire Collimation tool
  • DSLR and/or SPC880/900 for imaging

i'm sure there's more i'll pick up along the way, but those above will be my main targets

Edited by c3po

Gods know I love gadgets

Looking to get:

• digital EP
  • TV DIOPTRX
  • Hyperion EP (or two) or a zoom EP
  • 2``diagonal
  • will be trying out a PST this summer, maybe......

If anyone is feeling generous, I can provide my mailing address :)

Couple of planetary eyepieces and perhaps the odd filter :blob10:

Canon eos 600d and a Dual Focusser + motor focus mod for me hopfully in the next 12 months ..