SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Waiting patiently

Waiting, waiting, waiting for some clear sky.

After much deliberation I got the OH a Celestron SE8 for Christmas. Now we are waiting for some clear sky in order to use it. Looks the biz set up it the living room, but frustrating having to wait to use it.

Hopefully on Thursday there will be a break in the clouds so I am told by the forecasters. No idea how reliable their predictions are though.

Waiting, waiting, waiting for some clear sky.

Hopefully on Thursday there will be a break in the clouds so I am told by the forecasters. No idea how reliable their predictions are though.

Oh dear, don't put anything you had planned off, on the strength of them.

Optimism and blind faith are your friends!

Bart

LOL We are hoping this Thursday! Patience is a virtue.

One way and another you need plenty of patience when you take up this hobby.

Nice scope, hope you get to use it before the warranty runs out :D

Good luck and give us all a first light report.

No worries, you are all being realistic, not doom merchants!. As the scope isn't my present I can wait :D I have never looked trough anything more than a pair of binoculars at the moon in the past, so anything I see will be amazing. OH is a lot more geeky and knowledgeable when it come to Astronomy.

Will certainly report in what we see when the clouds move along.

i first took mine out yesterday and the weather report was cloudy with patches of rain but i drove out of my town to somewhere dark and very little light pollution in the off chance the weather was wrong and BOOM it was clear for a few mins then cloudy then it would go clear again. Inbetween gaps i managed to get some AMAZING and detailed views of jupiter and its moons. Was well worth the trip out just to see for myself which i'll be doing again tonight.

Archived