Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

JB80

Did Santa get you astro stuff?

I got myself a Tal 3x courtesy of FLO delivered just in time :D Also an astronomy DVD, my son got a great book on astronomy, and a pair of 10x50 bins.

Wanted a 8mm Radian but got a tin of Quality Street :).

A bit of DIY you could fashion a radio telescope from the tin...:D

Steve

In short I don't know :D

Get home on Thursday all being well so will find out then :)

a years worth of batman dc comics and a frozen astronnuts space food ice cream its the thought that counts though... i think :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Flu for me unfortunately. Means that even if it was clear I'm not in a fit state to play with the 2nd modded 450D my partner got me :-)

Santa got me a 32mm panaview, a tal 2x Barlow, a Baader lp filer, an ra finder and Brian cox wonders of the universe book and DVD :D not too shabby plus I have some cash so gonna get another couple of ep's

Oh and a SGL calendar!

Edited by ecosse

Santa got me an AZ3-type mount, and a dedicated astro bank account topped up with a monthly standing order... :-) It's the gift that keeps on giving!

A 3 hour "In search of the Northern Lights" flight from Newcastle airport on 22nd January with a lecture by either Pete Lawrence, Nigel Bradbury or Paul Money before.

Don't rush frogdr1ver, it sounds like you need to clarify your objectives - the two scopes you're looking at are useful for completely different types of observing.

Baader Hyperion 8mm plus finetuning rings and 2" filters - no socks. This year I made a list, checked it twice, and gave it to the family. It works!

Dual motors for my eq5 and a Cambridge star atlas.

My partner got me a lovely warm fleece and a warm base layer which is for my cycling but think may be used for the cold nights under the scope.

Got a new RDF for the Megrez 72 from my daughter and a lovely new Pulsar chronograph from my wife.

Brinders

i did really well. santa got me a vixen vmc95l (£99 whole pounds from telescope outlet... can't go wrong), and a baader neo filter, "the sun and how to observe it" book, and the "kaguya lunar atlas" book. we had the vixen out for about 10 minutes, until i managed to break the wire for the battery pack for little supatrak mount and that was that. made me very sad. we soldered it back on, but by then it was cloudy. so i only got a little look at jupiter. but i'm (ahem) "sure" there'll be clear nights soon...

My wife got me a pair of Celestron Skymaster 20X70 bins. Very nice !!

Don't rush frogdr1ver, it sounds like you need to clarify your objectives - the two scopes you're looking at are useful for completely different types of observing.

Don't want to take this thread off topic but I'm really wanting to have a go at deep sky objects, i have a lens plus converter that can give me up to 600mm f/5.6 so thought the 200 pds would be a far better scope for visual and deep astro.

I did the Amazon wish list trick and got a clean sweep, plus was amazed to receive a few other useful things.

Millennium Falcon Haynes manual

Star Wars Moleskin notebook

Very Special Relativity by Sander Bais

In Search Of Schrodinger's Cat by John Gribbin

Maplins Flight Cases (3 in 1)

Lenspen

Lens cleaning cloth

Lens cleaning fluid

Lens blower

My other half managed to find me a 1986 Halleys Comet commemorative tankard made in pewter which was a nice surprise. It's in mint condition and rather lovely :D

We observed Halleys comet together from our 1st home with my 1st proper telescope, an Astro Systems 6" newtonian, during our 2nd year of marriage so it's a rather nostalgic thing :)

A neodymium filter, 5x barlow from the old man. Philip's stargazing 2012 and guide to the night sky from the inlaws. Plus a nice warm jacket for those clear cold evenings .

Hmmm, Mrs Ludd had asked what I wanted for Christmas and I mentioned a dew heater for my C8. She said that was too boring, so I bought an astrozap from Mike Bacanin, only to find that one of the presents under the tree was a lovely dew-not heater strip from Bernard K. Methinks I may have to contact Benranrd and see if I can swap it for something else...

Santa gave me only a 2 hours window of cloud free in a near perfect dark site in Germany...

I got the revelation eyepiece set, the case will be v handy

Edited by ZEbbEDY