Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Did Santa get you astro stuff?

JB80

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santa got me a 32mm panaview, a tal 2x Barlow, a Baader lp filer, an ra finder and Brian cox wonders of the universe book and DVD :D not too shabby plus I have some cash so gonna get another couple of ep's

Oh and a SGL calendar!

i did really well. santa got me a vixen vmc95l (£99 whole pounds from telescope outlet... can't go wrong), and a baader neo filter, "the sun and how to observe it" book, and the "kaguya lunar atlas" book. we had the vixen out for about 10 minutes, until i managed to break the wire for the battery pack for little supatrak mount and that was that. made me very sad. we soldered it back on, but by then it was cloudy. so i only got a little look at jupiter. but i'm (ahem) "sure" there'll be clear nights soon...

Don't rush frogdr1ver, it sounds like you need to clarify your objectives - the two scopes you're looking at are useful for completely different types of observing.

Don't want to take this thread off topic but I'm really wanting to have a go at deep sky objects, i have a lens plus converter that can give me up to 600mm f/5.6 so thought the 200 pds would be a far better scope for visual and deep astro.

I did the Amazon wish list trick and got a clean sweep, plus was amazed to receive a few other useful things.

Millennium Falcon Haynes manual

Star Wars Moleskin notebook

Very Special Relativity by Sander Bais

In Search Of Schrodinger's Cat by John Gribbin

Maplins Flight Cases (3 in 1)

Lenspen

Lens cleaning cloth

Lens cleaning fluid

Lens blower

My other half managed to find me a 1986 Halleys Comet commemorative tankard made in pewter which was a nice surprise. It's in mint condition and rather lovely :D

We observed Halleys comet together from our 1st home with my 1st proper telescope, an Astro Systems 6" newtonian, during our 2nd year of marriage so it's a rather nostalgic thing :)

Hmmm, Mrs Ludd had asked what I wanted for Christmas and I mentioned a dew heater for my C8. She said that was too boring, so I bought an astrozap from Mike Bacanin, only to find that one of the presents under the tree was a lovely dew-not heater strip from Bernard K. Methinks I may have to contact Benranrd and see if I can swap it for something else...

Archived