Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Did Santa get you astro stuff?

JB80

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoestring astro GPINT-PT RJ12 adaptor and EQ st4 mod kit for my EQ3-2 guiding project (although santa needed a little help from me to arrange this:rolleyes: :))

And I was delighted/suprised to unwrap a copy of Brian cox's wonders of the universe. :D

Stan

Got my first proper bins from the out-laws, Pentax 10x50 care of FLO, they feel very solid indeed and can't wait to get out into clear skies

My little lad loved his skywatcher heritage 76 so we should have a nice night out soon, he was pretty excited, also a new snow suit so he can stand being outside at night!

Also got Prof Cox's Wonders of the Solar System on Blu-Ray, red torch and the Chandler Planisphere

I got one of these

Dual Speed 1:10 Microfocus Upgrade for Skywatcher Crayford [Lac-Micfoc-s] - 56.00 : 365Astronomy: Discovery for every day!

If all goes well its going on tomorrow, bit of me time in the shed, oh yeah.

Awesome, I didn't realise you could get these, I thought I'd have to replace the whole focuser to get dual speed.

I got a tal x3 from mrs WB, can't wait for the next good jupe evening to try imaging with it.

I really need some new socks but I didn't get a single one!:) (Not that a single sock would be much good I suppose.)

I did however,receive, A Simples Life by Aleksandr Orlov (a work of pure geniousness........:D) together with Patrick Moore's Data Book of Astronomy and a couple of 'Wonders of' books by some bloke called Brain Cox,I think.......:)

I received a lovely Apple Trackpad, unfortunately Stellarium has no knowledge of gestures so it hasn't been much use for that yet, but it is very nifty for the Apple software (even on Snow Leopard). Still use a mouse for general pointing. It will probably be of much more use when manipulating photographs, but I haven't gotten into astrophotography yet.

Archived