Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Did Santa get you astro stuff?

JB80

He got me an autofocuser and suppresion pads, one of those nifty clocks with the temperature and moon phases and I suppose you can count a nice camera bag too. He is also working on another special thing mentioned in my sig.:)

How did everybody else do?

Merry Christmas.

Jarrod.

:D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mother bought me SPM's "Yearbook Of Astronomy 2012",gave me a cheque for half the price of my new scope and also bought me a Pete Lawrence scarf (you know......the one he wears during winter on the tv show).

My 8 yr old niece bought me the Philip's Astronomy Starter pack: glow in the dark planisphere,solar system poster and a book "exploring the stars and planets".

I have a Philip's planisphere already but it is not a glow in the dark one, so thats majorly cool.

All in all..............astronomically i did pretty well.

A few clear nights over the Christmas would be the icing on the cake.

Sorry...............i forgot to mention that Brian Cox also showed up on my door step this morning and pointed to yonder mountains that are visible from my house.

Haha.

Sorry Brian.

Nice one - I wonder if he got millions and millions and millions of socks. :D

Did OK myself: got the Cambridge Photographic Star Atlas and 3 bottles of single malts. And just one pair of socks.

SGL Calender, Holst the Planets CD, Cosmos Book, Star Wars socks, Science Museum Solar System, custom painted night and day mug (we did some pottery painting)

No 12" Astrograph :)

Ooh I got a Star Wars stuff too, It's majorly cool. It's a book called "The Jedi Path" and comes in this vault that when you press a button and the doors open and the book raises out.

Star Wars definitely counts as astro stuff.:D

starwars-1.gif

I got "Astronomy: An introduction to the universe". A book I'd seen on sale in LIDL a few times but never bothered buying. It's actually much more indepth and interesting than I'd thought it might be.

And some € folding money which means my new 'scope funds are now complete. I will be ordering an ED80 DS Pro as soon as FLO are open for business again. Roll on the 3rd!

Archived