SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First pictures....now what do I need to buy!

I've taken my first few snaps through the NX8 and the DSLR using prime-focus. I'm really happy considering I have no idea what I am doing.

It is a lot of fun and now I want more.... :police:

Based on the hopefully linked pics (below) what filters would you recommend to remove the horrid 'orange' and what do I need to get closer to Saturn (etc). I have the T mount and Adapter. What do I need to use:

An eyepiece and/or barlow?

Advice much appreciate and big thanks the FLO for the bits and bobs!

http://www.chrisnesbit.com/ChrisNesbit.Com/astro/IMG_0362.JPG

http://www.chrisnesbit.com/ChrisNesbit.Com/astro/IMG_0414.JPG

http://www.chrisnesbit.com/ChrisNesbit.Com/astro/IMG_0372.JPG

Really appreciate advice.

Thanks

Chris

No worries there Chris, you are off to a wonderful start with your imaging. The magic is in the processing and plenty of tips and advice are available to follow I'm sure.

Ron. :police:

Thanks all....much appreciated, I was expecting a lot worse being first pics but happy with the initial results.

SteveL - very cool. Was that through photoshop?

Grant - Canon 400D. Was not sure how it would perform but just bolted it on. Turned on mirror lock and set exposure to 25 secs.

Now I need a wedge!!!

Any ideas on what filters are going to help and also how I am going to get more magnification?

Grrrr....clouds are rolling in!

Any ideas on what filters are going to help and also how I am going to get more magnification?

I use this T-adaptor, which can have an eyepiece inside. On My C8-N I only use the top part. I remove the nosepiece and screw the larger tube directly onto the focuser. I'd post an image but the ISeeStars site seem to be having a minor outage.

Thanks SteveL - will have a play with this later on the other images (there are a few!!!).

MHC - how well does it work? I think that looks like what I am after?

Geppetto - appreciated.....i think its a slope that gets steep very quickly!!!

The clouds are rolling back....maybe I will have another play tonight.

It works fine.

It breaks down into two parts - a 1.25" "nose piece" and the wider and longer barrel. Each piece can be used individually or they can combined together. The nose piece fits into a standard 1.25" focuser (or Barlow!) and is threaded for a T-adaptor at the big end, so your camera can go here.

Or, add the barrel and put the camera at the far end of the barrel. The barrel can hold an eyepiece (depends on the length of the ep!), providing more magnification.

My scope (C8N) has a T-thread adaptor thread on the 2" focuser, accessible by removing the 1.25" focuser. So far I've used this 2" thread with the large barel with an eyepiece in.

Here's a moon shot that I took. Please note that I'm a complete astroimaging newbie!

image.jpg

Regards.

Mark

I don't know about you but my next purchase will be a IR-UV cut-off filter. I don't want any old photon barging in and making a mess. Oh, and some colour filters as well.

Steve-from-FLO, since you are selling the f/8 114EQ (http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=c114eq), can you tell me if there's a 40mm eyepiece that will go with it and what kind of FOV will it give me without too much vignetting (for visual)?

Nice pic MHC.....

I think I will give it a try as the more bits in the case should allow for a multitude of different shots!

I think I will get a filter - from reading the UHC-S one sounds like the one to go for....?

Archived