SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Christmas Presents = Clouds for ever

Bart

I expect many of us are expecting Christmas presents from loved ones (bought by ourselves!). Can you imagine how much cloud that much new gear will bring all at once. I've looked at the forecast for my area and while Christmas night is patchy (don't know if I could get out that evening without a tut, tut!) but the following week looks BAD! Looks like my new EP will have to do with just the odd cuddle and caress from me until the cloud goes.

Bart

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you're right there Bart - could be stormy weather for quite some time. The odd package appears to have been delivered to our from FLO and Teleskop Service (couldn't help but notice the return addresses as I was, errrr, sorting the incoming mail!) so bad weather predicted here too!

Think you're right there Bart - could be stormy weather for quite some time. The odd package appears to have been delivered to our from FLO and Teleskop Service (couldn't help but notice the return addresses as I was, errrr, sorting the incoming mail!) so bad weather predicted here too!

Yessir! X6gas,

always wise to get to the post first, to remove any unwanted or stray parcels that may cause offence.......

Im in the same boat twotter but I am expecting some cash from work for a bonus so I might take the time to visit Opticstar which is opposite work and do some perusing and maybe exchange some lovely cash for goods..

I laugh when I read people becoming 'devious ' regarding deliveries. Obviously you guys don't have an understanding wife like me .............. Ahem. As I keep saying, "because I'm worth it!"

Bart

I have one of those Bart as long as I just show her the pictures and tell her the costs so she can alter the budget to match general outgoings as well as not going through the intricacies then we have a happy existence :)

I have one of those Bart as long as I just show her the pictures and tell her the costs so she can alter the budget to match general outgoings as well as not going through the intricacies then we have a happy existence :)

Asur84

I, obviously, am no good with irony.

i do that as well:D:D

If your buddy was into astronomy it would generate some odd questions I'd imagine. "No, I swear, this is Jimmy's", of course, he could always deny it ever arrived if he fancied it.,

Bart

I'm still paying for buying the 8SE. 12 days now and only 1 clear night (that wasnt insanely windy and cold) which i was too tired to go out on so i have yet to use the scope.

P.S.~~~clouds are not just for christmas...they are for life.

That's bad luck Paul. I think Fri late evening is supposed to be ok, so, ready, steady ' observe ! Good luck with the new scope.

ps bad back pain explains the odd posting times!

all my family has now moved to the darkest depths of Scotland so it will be a quiet one here with just the "War Office" and kids.

If it does become clear I'll be able to sneak out over xmas. :)

On the subject of buying the "essentials" we need for our hobby quote: "I need one of those otherwise it will not work properly!!" usually does the job :(

I think the constant trickle of parcels I've recieved since Oct may have contributed to the cloud I'm afraid.

There is a formula for this thread

D = How old the new item is in days

C = How much it costs in £

P = How much planning went into the viewing session in Minutes

V = How long in days was your last good viewing session

(C/D + P) - V

So if your new item cost £100, It is 1 day old (i.e you try to use it Xmas day evening), you spend 30 minutes planning your viewing session and it was a week since your last viewing session:

(100/1 + 30) - V = 123 days of cloud!

Or if you just get a £3 dust cap, dont use it for 3 days, dont plan your session, and you last looked up a month ago:

(3/3 + 0) - 30 = -29 (rounded up to first whole number) = you should be good to go!

HTH :-)

Chris

Archived