Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Moon monkey

I just cant win !!!

First proper clear night with no ... wind ... moon .... cloud ... and guess what .... my next door neighbour has put blinking bright white fairy lights all over his fence :icon_salut::mad:

Cheers MM

Edited by Moon monkey

Just to clarify and avoid ambiguity:

Is that blinking as in flashing at a periodic interval, or, blinking as in damn annoying ? :icon_salut::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

First proper clear night with no ... wind ... moon .... cloud ... and guess what .... my next door neighbour has put blinking bright white fairy lights all over his fence :):mad:

Cheers MM

And what's that old saying about "fences making good neighbors"?:icon_salut:

Just to clarify and avoid ambiguity:

Is that blinking as in flashing at a periodic interval, or, blinking as in damn annoying ? :icon_salut::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:):) Both :):)

Point your telescope at his bedroom window and pretend you're watching him. It's weird I know, but it will probably freak him out and make you feel better at the same time.

a set of wire cutters could be helpfull!!

those magpies like shiny cable and have strong beaks you know!!!

a set of wire cutters could be helpfull!!

those magpies like shiny cable and have strong beaks you know!!!

Well, now that you let the cat out of the bag (the evil thing I was thinking), one can go up to the light string and remove one bulb. If your'e lucky and the string is "series" connected, all the lights will go out and the owner might take the message when he finds one bub missing. Alas, if the string is parallel connected, only one light will not work and your'e back to square one:mad:

My back garden faces south which means most of my observing is done over my back neighbour's roof. Every night he leaves on every light in the house and with the curtains open. And most nights his security light too. Annoying.

Paul

Those copper thieves will stop at nothing you know... :(

Nice one :):D:D

or, make a plug to fit the light bulbs and charge your batteries...

Thoses pesky magpies :)

Revert to plan b allways have a dark field in the middle no where to go to or come and join me in my field.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk