Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

saturn

steve1

Just caught saturn going behind the moon with the binoculars first, then got it in the scope before it went behind the moon ,didnt think i would see it then it just snapped into view with the binns :police:

The moon has just slipped out from behind the clouds so the scope is out and cooling as I type. Gonna be a bit of cloud dodge'ry to get a glimpse but I'm praying the the cloud gods to send those fluffy things somewhere else just for me :police:

Well , that was a waste of time, when is the next one!

19 June 2007

daylight event again about

ingoing 07:50 UT, outgoing 09:00 UT

.....but....

that's in Tokyo so not visible in UK as the Moon will be below the horizon.

(isn't Starry Night wonderful :police: )

Sorry it didn't work too well for all of you - I managed a good half hour peek about 10.00 pm when it was clear of the moon. Not bad, but seeing poor, couldn't gp higher than 136x on Saturn, but the moon was great at 214x?

Clouds stopped play as I write this :police:

Okay this isn't really a review, but tonite here in leeds the clouds have finally parted.I'm celebrating First Light ! Tues 22 looking thru the apo (see above) I thought that was very impressive but blow me! Saturn was belting clear, divisions, moons! the image in the cape was rock solid on the HEQ5 and pin sharp, nowt like I've ever seen before! THEN I took a look at venus, wow, how gorgeous, Beautiful clear phase,steady.Now as for the Moon!!! The 30mm 2" 80' was filled with this image that made me feel like I was half way there. I am so going to enjoy this 'scope!

NB it would blumming help though when setting up to make sure I input the Long & Lat in the right sequence(ie unknowingly inputted 53.47W and 1.36N Bottom!)

Idid try to catch some images but by the time I'd got together saturn and venus had gone either behind the trees or below the horizon.Looks like Steve will be rec'ing an order for a 3x barlow darn soon!

what a beautiful sight though, worth every penny,(just as well the missus wasn't too interested in how much it all cost, as long as the kids have shoes right)

Archived