Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help! Dobsonion 200P Declination Prob.

Since aquiring the above scope I purchased a 'Wixey' angle finder. I always zero it on the scope before I start viewing. Getting a bit frustrated , as I seem to be out by 5/6 degrees when locating objects. Help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

How do you zero it on the scope?

Would have thought that you would zero it on a flat level surface inside before attaching to the scope.

To zero it on the scope would mean that the scope had to be set flat and level and would doubt that you could accomplish that easily.

to be fair the wixeys are rubbish gem reds are a lot better, wixeys are plus or minus 5% accurate,that's a lot to be out did you level the base first?,the other thing with these is every time you want a new angle you have to repeat every thing level the tube etc zero,were do you get the angle from ? say if you want to look at m57 ,do you use stellarium

How do you zero it on the scope?

Would have thought that you would zero it on a flat level surface inside before attaching to the scope.

To zero it on the scope would mean that the scope had to be set flat and level and would doubt that you could accomplish that easily.

what, if you level the base first and then level the tube it would work,if you leveled it in the house first

i had to gemreds one for the base and a sensor and a angle finder on similar to a wixey

all i did was level the dob base ,4 kitchen cabinet legs the one that screw up and down, and then level the tube the gemreds come with a bulb level on

Archived