Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telrads available again.

Using my Freedom Pass, sadly doesn't get me to FLO FOC, just returned from Bernie The Mod, clutching a Telrad in my hot little hand and he has a few left.

Having made the mistake of flogging the last one with a scope/mount, this one is going to the crematorium with me. Dunno how he does it but Tal 3x Barlows as well.

Suspect that one of his Dobs is a cunningly disguised SAM Vll and he got Santa on a test flight.

Just received one from the US bought on E*ay, cant use it yet as:

1 Its officially from Santa, not to be used until 25th

2 Its cloudy and snowing here as I type this!!

I cant believe the bad weather is due to my new gear as it was bad for weeks before I ordered it!!!! :)

They are as rare as rocking horse poop at the moment. RVO were the only retailer that had them in when I got mine. £50, but the service and product were exceptional. highly recommended.

After ringing around suppliers, one of them (can't remember who!) informed me that the Telrad company has changed hands from father to son(s), there was a disruption in supply and wasn't sure when it would resume to normal. Obviously I can't vouch for the authenticity of this, but would explain why they are so hard to find right now.

Mines on its way from Modern Astronomy. Is this the Bernie that of speak of? It will be under the tree for me :)

Right first time, Nova.

I am most impressed by the astronomy suppliers used, Flo, Sky's and Bernie the Mod by their enthusiasm, help and the "I don't want to be a millionaire" philosophy. The same as the decent musical instrument dealers and technicians.

Here's a health unto them.

Right first time, Nova.

I am most impressed by the astronomy suppliers used, Flo, Sky's and Bernie the Mod by their enthusiasm, help and the "I don't want to be a millionaire" philosophy. The same as the decent musical instrument dealers and technicians.

Here's a health unto them.

Indeed. Wanted to order one in November but Bernard kindly contacted my wife (she was buying it for my birthday) to let her know that they were out of stock but expected soon and that he will keep a note and contact her when he has some and true to his word thats exactly what happened :)

Archived