Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

Hi haitch,

early bookings will be in the Camping Field, but please don't feel the Rally Field is out on a limb. We didn't get the layout quite right last year and had one long line of pitches so they guys at the end felt s bit left out so this year we are doubling up to bring everybody closer together. Also, the Rally Field has undoubtedly the best skies...

I'll be going through all bookings to date at the weekend and sending out cheque / paypal details as necessary.

Thanks,

James.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jules - much the same as last year but more camping without EHU. Pitches in the Touring and Camping Fields are going pretty quickly but the Rally Field (same as the Overflow Field last year) still has plenty of availability - as I said above, we are arranging it a little letter than last year this time round and it has about the best skies so this isn't going to be a bad place to be.

J.

Hi haitch,

I'll be going through all bookings to date at the weekend and sending out cheque / paypal details as necessary.

Too much to do, too little time, again! Will sort this out in the next few days. Anybody getting concerned, please PM me here.

J.

Hey James, im hoping to book in the next few days and i definately want ehu this time so i dont have to bother people when i need to charge my phone lol, do you think a 20metre ehu will be ok?.... im hoping to be closer than the old overflow pitch as it was a pain walking over to the toilets lol... the skies were good over there though.... just want to be closer to the people who will wake me up if there are clear skies in the early hours lol x

Hey James, im hoping to book in the next few days and i definately want ehu this time so i dont have to bother people when i need to charge my phone lol, do you think a 20metre ehu will be ok?.... im hoping to be closer than the old overflow pitch as it was a pain walking over to the toilets lol... the skies were good over there though.... just want to be closer to the people who will wake me up if there are clear skies in the early hours lol x

It was no problem charging your phone for you! :icon_scratch:

HAha thanks but i wont be worrying as much if i can put it on charge myself when ever it needs it... i didnt txt or ring much just to save the battery, plus i might be getting a dvd player so we can watch a film and stuff, working out my wage today and then booking hopefully :-)

Hi all,

quick update on PSP2012: 34 bookings so far. I have now replied to every booking, either requesting payment, confirming receipt of payment or cancelling duplicates as appropriate. EHU bookings are going pretty quickly as expected but we still have a few left.

I have killed off the automated paypal option as it broke far too often but you can still choose to pay by paypal manually or by cheque.

Thanks,

James.

Many thanks for getting this excellent do up and running. bringing an air horn for all you snoozers!!!!

Yeah this year I reckon people should put a notice on the outside of their tent IF they want to be woken up if the skies are clear

A few people were disappointed Saturday morning for missing out on the after midnight observing :p

Haha yeah Shane I suspect point 2. will be trickier.

It will teach you for having the largest telescope of all attendees :p

Not many were interested in looking through my 4" refractor, even though star clusters are amazing in this little telescope. :)

Archived