Narrowband

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

just so you know, having a few issues with the Paypal booking system - payments are going through correctly but the configuration between PP and the PSP website isn't right so the payment doesn't quite complete - this is showing up as funds being reserved by PP but not coming through to us. I am working with PP and Virtuemart support to get this fixed ASAP - I THINK all the payments will complete once I have but I may need to go through it with everyone who has played by PP if not so I have temporarily disabled PP payments.

No funds have been lost, no bookings have been lost and PP are not at fault here - please bear with me while I get it fixed!

J.

Right - bit of a "hang head in shame" moment... I had put the wrong Paypal account details into Virtuemart. I put the right details in and, funnily enough, it now works!

I have had to cancel the existing PP orders and have sent individual messages to all concerned - these people will obviously get preference on the pitches they requested in the original order provided they are re-ordered in the next week or so.

Regarding cheques - we will confirm these orders and replay individually with the postal address at the weekend.

Apologies all round for the inconvenience, and thanks for your support :)

J.

Just wanted to add my comments. I was one won ordered via PayPal and got the email from you asking to cancel and reorder which I have done.

Yes it was a slight inconvenience but had to just say a big thank you for all work you have done with this. I have some background in web design and scripting and it's can be very frustrating so no biggie all sorted and thanks once again for all your hard work.

Cheers

Steve

I cancelled my payment as requested, but cannot reorder, when trying to book a pitch is just shows 'notify me' and does not add it to my cart.

Not happy!!!!!! James, can you please sort this out, as I booked early to get a place.

Thank you.

Right, I seems that I have now been able to rebook as I have had a window pop up thanking me for my booking, but have not had anything from paypal to confirm my payment.....what is going on?

Anybody?????

Thanks for your help......

Cheers for your patience all.

Right, from talking to a few people who have been having problems, I now know that:

1. sometimes the paypal window does not pop up when it should. Not sure on the circumstances for this yet (pop up blockers, certain browsers only, certain locations only - still digging for clues on this).

2. the "Confirm Order" button does not disable if the paypal window fails to open.

3. when people click the "Confirm Order" button and the paypal window doesn't open, they click on it again (quite a natural thing to do, nothing I wouldn't expect or do myself)

4. Virtuemart creates a new order and marks it as "pending" each time the "Confirm Order" button is clicked

5. This results in multiple "pending" bookings for some people, with no corresponding paypal payment so the orders never complete.

6. It also results is products (pitches, in this case) appearing to sell out very quickly.

At the moment, I am checking the orders page and killing off the duff pending orders but cannot keep an eye on it every minute of the day so some products are appearing to sell out before I can correct them.

I am working with the Virtuemart people to identify and fix the issue with no joy so far - one option I have is to create new Paypal payment type which doesn't work automatically but allows you to send the payment manually from your Paypal account (much like the cheque option allows you to send a cheque manually). My biggest concern with this is the overhead of marrying up paypal payments to the pending orders but this shouldn't be much more work than for the cheques.

In the meantime, please avoid clicking on "Confirm Order" again and again if the paypal window doesn't open...

Will keep you updated, and apologies again for the grief - at we should be able to use the same system for various things when we get the bugs sorted out.

J.

Hi Guy's,

I booked my pitch last week. But I still don't have my confirmation e-mail from PDDS, which doubles as your entry pass.

I have read how some e-mail's, are being directed to the Junk, or my case Spam folder.

I use Virgin Mail (web-based) and don't have anything other than the receipt from Paypal confirming the order together with. The online order confirmation from the PSP site.

Has this happened to any one else using Virgin?

I hope the job hunting is going ok James :D

How many pitches are available?

I would relaly like to be in one of the main fields this year if at all possible wit an EHU

Are there any pitches still available? If so I shall book today.

Thanks

I struggled with the system this morning 'cos I'd got tracking protection turned on in IE9. Seems ok now but can I just check... if I book non EHU will I end up in the rally field?

I don't want to pay for an EHU I won't use but I want to be where the action is.

Archived