Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

jamespels

Peak Star Party 2012

You mean you've just started a new job and got a week off already!!!!! I want a job like that!!...,Congratulations

Cheers, Jiggy - the hard work starts on Monday, I suspect :icon_salut:

PSP website pretty much sorted - all the technical glitches have been closed off and I just need to make sure the content and data capture fields are right.

Have family commitments tomorrow (caravan hunting first thing - that tent at PSP2011 was a blumming freezer in disguise) followed by lunch with my folks but am planning to finish testing in the afternoon and publish the URL by the end of the day. Anyone with a memory can probably guess the URL anyway but any bookings until I say so are made at your own risk :evil:

J.

A couple of hours - we have had one booking through with some useful feedback so I'm just tidying up the bits that don't work so well and I'll give you the URL.

As I said, it is pretty easy to guess so feel free to come and look around but don't be surprised if things pop up and disappear again a few minutes later, and please don't book anything just yet!

J.

Right everybody, PSP2012 is officially open - but I will need your help to track down any issues that crop up.

This version of the site has been built in Joomla! with the Virtuemart e-commerce platform - it has been a hell of a learning curve and we won't get the "support" we got from EventElephant last year so, if you do find any bugs, please e-mail info@peakstarparty.co.uk with as much detail as possible.

Last year's link (Peak Star Party 2011) goes directly to the PSP2012 pages; this is part of the main Peak District Dark Skies website which you can get to at Home for now (or follow the "PDDS Home" link on the PSP2012 menu). We will sort out the PDDS domain soon so both the peakstarparty domains can point to the right place.

To anyone who has a specific pitch request, please state this in the "Leave a Comment" box in the Shopping Cart. As I said before, we cannot guarantee to honour every request but we will do our best!

Known Issues:

1. We can accept cheque orders but I cannot figure out how to display the address to send cheques to easily - will sort this out soon.

2. The PDDS Forum styling doesn't match the rest of the site - colours are out and it is a little too wide. Will work on this as a lower priority as it is unlikely to be used very much...

3. The PDDS forum areas have not been set up fully. Please say hello in the Welcome Mat section, and report any issues with the PSP2012 booking system in the "Suggestion Box".

Cheers,

J.

well I have just booked successfully so worked for me!

James,

"

Site Maps A detailed map of the Touring and Camping Fields is available here:

The Rally Field map is available here:

"

I can't see links for those?

The process of "registering and checking out" is slightly confusing, as I have to respond to the registration email first, login, and then continue.

I first tried ignoring the email and just pressing continue.

Successfully booked anyway.

James,

"Site Maps A detailed map of the Touring and Camping Fields is available here:

The Rally Field map is available here:

"

I can't see links for those?

Ah, the first of the deliberate errors :D Thanks Perry! Will fix that tomorrow.

All booked here too. Slight confusion because I didn't receive the e mail but it had gone into my.junk folder so am all sorted now.

Stu

Booked, easy. Asked for pitch 21 , same as last year, up in the action corner.

Hi gys

As a newby who lives in the area- I'm really interested in this.

Realistically how soon is this going to get sold out? I just need to confirm time off work etc before I can book.

Many thanks

I have booked, without too much difficulty.

I hope to get the same pitch I had last year - are you reading this James :-)

Looking forward to it.

Uplooker

I seem to have booked (had email confirmation) hopefully like Cotterless45 back in action corner? :D

Booked, asked for the same pitch as last year, 23 in the camping field

Top bloke, I have a few new 'Gazers' potentially coming as we have started a small work 'society'! Looking forward to meeting up again bloke...

We have a couple of 200 scopes now, I wanna know how you got your Jupiter sooooooo big last time... :D

Edited by Patbloke

Hi gys

As a newby who lives in the area- I'm really interested in this.

Realistically how soon is this going to get sold out? I just need to confirm time off work etc before I can book.

Many thanks

Hi redj,

pitches with electric hook-up (EHU) are going pretty quickly; non-EHU pitches in the Camping Field and at the top of the Rally Field will also go pretty quickly but we have a realistically unlimited number of non-EHU pitches further down the Rally Field. This is a little way from the centre of the star party but some people preferred this location as it had the best skies. We are also planning on having two rows of pitches rather than one so we do not need to go quite so far down the field this time.

If you do need a pitch with EHU and they have all sold out, let e-mail us (info@peakstarparty.co.uk) - last year we had two or three cancellations and were able to reallocate these pitches to people on the waiting list.

Hope this helps,

J.

Top bloke, I have a few new 'Gazers' potentially coming as we have started a small work 'society'! Looking forward to meeting up again bloke...

We have a couple of 200 scopes now, I wanna know how you got your Jupiter sooooooo big last time... :(

Looking forward to it, be good to see you again, looks like you've done well on the old purchasing front in just a few months....we'll struggle through together.....bring plenty of beer!!!....:D