Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

Well, I'm along with the family again on 28 of the camping field - actually got my imaging rig to work this year but will be bringing the old C925 for visual stuff as well.

Shane - I didn't go through with the threat of selling everything and getting a Dob after all........

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello John ;)

I think I am on pitch 24 this year :)

Hi Mark,

I hope you are not on pitch 24 - thats the one I am supposed to be on.;) the same one as last year, where, as you said earlier you managed to put the world to rights and sink 1 or 2 or was it 3/4 of a bottle of JD:D

Ian

Well, I'm along with the family again on 28 of the camping field - actually got my imaging rig to work this year but will be bringing the old C925 for visual stuff as well.

Shane - I didn't go through with the threat of selling everything and getting a Dob after all........

I can see why to be fair the 925 is a cracking scope by all accounts! you can always look through mine!

look forward to seeing you again John!

it's daft getting too excited yet - it's blummin months away!

Ok....a bit confused with PAYMENT method. Joined the PDDS. chose my Pitch ....No14 in Touring Field if Possible??? Set up billing....confirmed order.....expected to get a paypal page up.....Nothing. SO......how do I actually pay or do i have to wait to be contacted?

Ok....a bit confused with PAYMENT method. Joined the PDDS. chose my Pitch ....No14 in Touring Field if Possible??? Set up billing....confirmed order.....expected to get a paypal page up.....Nothing. SO......how do I actually pay or do i have to wait to be contacted?

Hi Rustmomkey,

I think you are Craig - if so, I have sent you a confirmation e-mail. If not, please drop me a PM with your and e-mail address.

Thanks,

James.

• 2 weeks later...
Great stuff that was what i was hoping. It will be a good learning curve, skies permitting!

At least get a binocular, M31 in bins is a marvellous sight that time of year. I did that last year, coming with only bins.

This year I got a 8" Dob :-)

I've booked on this. Looking forward to it as it'll be my first star party. Just need to sort a Scope out now and get a basic grasp of what i'm looking at. :)

Last year, something like 50% of the attendees (including me) were 1st time party goers, so dont worry at all.

Archived