SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New article - How to take photographs of space

ASIGN_Baz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice work Baz, I love the intro !

"I hope you are switched on because there is no way I can teach you how to do this stuff without boring the poop out of you. So sit down, strap in, shut up and let's learn stuff. Pleasantries done. Moving on."

Hopefully the reader will be bleeding profusely by the time they have finished.... :)

with all the self abuse I'm sure they will be lol.

One tip for the wide field tripod shooting is to hang your camera bag or a bag of rocks off the underside of the tripod, it certainly improves the stability even on very expensive tripods.

Yep, i'll add that because I've done it. Also a rubber strap to a tent peg works. I will be updating, tweaking and sharpening the article as I have time. It was a bit of a rush job in my boredom and mood today.

Might have to add some gum and broken glass to the boxing gloves...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Good article. No mention of afocal, or should I just give myself an uppercut for even mentioning it ;)

Save your uppercut for when you need it.

Thanks for the prompt. When I have time I will include it in the article. Take a pat on the back instead mate. :)

Baz.

Thank you for the write up.

I now know not to waste my time pondering over cameras for my telescope since I have the most basic equip, can't polar align(houses block the pole star from my garden) cant motor track (no RA motor) cant use stacking software and I know nearly nothing about cameras or how to set them up, also I have no solar filter (I want to image the sun eventually)

I will be studying your guide carefully and for the next year or so I plan on geeking up, buying a solar telescope, buying an DSLR, geeking up on that, and get me some pics of the sun.

great guide, pure comedy too.

Archived