Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Solar Observation

Jamie

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie I have to ask, How have you mounted the PST ?

Karlo

With a great deal of difficulty is the answer to that. Its on a camera tripod, for which i was just able to see some prominences on the left limb.

imagining with this setup is going to be tough i think. I am considerng mounting it on the LX10

Has anyone else got any ideas/suggestions on this?

Jamie I have to ask, How have you mounted the PST ?

Karlo

For viewing i just pop it on my Horizon heavy duty camera tripod and that does the job just great for solar viewing.

For imaging i would have to piggy back it on my EQ6..

i was out with the PSt yesterday

to my dismay none of my eyepieces did the job i was hoping

But with a 12.5mm in there i could see some solar promiences on the western limb and at about 9 o'clock

nice for a first viewing

sorry no images yet trying to get used to handling the instrument first.

Al

:sunny: God I hate you lot!!!!! With your PST [removed word]!

I will have to sell my soul (again) to get one. Does anyone know if there are any photos of the actual PST views, not the edited, retouched and enhanced pics we generally see?

I looking for something to put me off spending my hardearned :)

J

You're not going to like this Joni5, the visual PST is better than you can manage with a camera. Really, it is.

The camera struggles to "see" the very light and very dark bits at the same time, whereas the Mk.1 eyeball lets you see the spots and prominences in the same view.

Get a go with one and you'll be begging for overtime at work if you like solar stuff. Never a dull day if you have a sunny day ( :scratch: ) and a PST, because you can look at sunspots, flares, prominences and filaments (and stuff that I don't know what they are called) anytime you can point it at the sun.

Imagine a moon thats there every day, and which has a constantly changing pattern on it, then add stuff whizzing off the edge, possibly a barbeque and beer, and you're getting close.

You weren't really thinking about buying one were you?

Kaptain Klevtsov

I must add to this thread that my PST has been one of my best buys (telescope speaking).

Best as in most used (i have had it out most every sunny day since i bought it)

A great piece of kit for visual solar astronomy...

As for PST imaging, CC you can expect a few questions in the near future mate....

I can't rave about these scopes enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived