Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flame and Horse Head

psemil

Last year this has been my first autoguided photo. This year I wanted to take another stop here just to see how much I evolved in one year...

This is my november project 2 days for imaging and many more for processing :)

Total exposure time is 6,5 hours with a total of 210 exposures with shorts exposure times between 1,5 and 3 minutes to protect Alnitak from "burning"

Setup: Custom 8'' newton, ASA Keller corrector (f/3,3 system), eq6, Canon 450Da, qhy5+finder guiding.

this is the picture I made in 2010

Clear Sky

flamepera2011.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank's a lot for your good words, Telrad, Werner, Francis. Coudbuster I don't know if the image deserves to be POW, but for sure is one of the best image I made so far.

Thanks again. :(

psemil, it definitely deserves a place in POW IMHO. Love it! :)

Yes, very good and well done on Alnitak. I have spent days trying to find ways to process that star!

Here you can really see that DSLRs can do great work if they are used with fast optical systems. With a CCD the need for fast optics is less urgent. You really have done a deep stretch of your data here. Impressive.

Olly

Thank's Mike, Aris, Tom Michael, Olly...

Olly said:

Here you can really see that DSLRs can do great work if they are used with fast optical systems

Imaging with dslr is never easy. I started imaging at f5, then f 4,5 then f4, and now f3,3. In one way is getting easyer (more signal) but collimation becomes very hard, and one small missalignement can ruin a whole night of captured frames.

An impressive result with an expansive Flame and subtle clouds of gas in lower half - way better than your result last year which was good.

Collimating is such a trial at F3 like you say, its all about trade offs.

John.

Archived