Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

ajg

16:00-20:00 10/12/2011 - Derwent Dam - CANCELLED

Peak District Dark Skies with Sheffield Astronomical Society are doing an observing evening out by the derwent dam on Saturday 10th. I'll be along with the dob and maybe the 4" refractor if I can fit them all in the car ...

The location is NOT Mayfield, repeat NOT Mayfield. We will be in the car park adjacent to the marker on the map ... Derwent, adj Fairholmes - Google Maps

EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!

Just heard on the grapevine this event is CANCELLED. Apparently the car park is under a couple of inches of snow so it wouldn't be safe.

Sorry folks ... :)

Too bad. I went out to the peak last week and was shocked at the amount of snow out there. It was only a few inches but since there had been none in Sheffield I'd assumed there wouldn't be any.

I should be up that way on Tuesday if its open,last time I went the rd (snake pass) was closed due to the slight drizzle,

Il pass on any info re the snow/ice

JJ..

Good luck, and be interested to hear your experience. I had wondered if that area was good for darker skies (well, at least not in a city orange skies).

Last Tuesday there was only a few bits of snow up on the rd heading round the ress,Fairholmes was clear but a lot of the water was frozen,its prolly OK now,

wouldn't stop me riding over one night if there's a meet up

JJ..