Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

canon live-view remote

Merlin66

My 1100D came with a software disc that has the Canon EOS Utility on it. Plug camera into laptop via USB, launch the utilty and I get Live View, and a lot of other shooting options including a fairly decent intervalometer option. Pretty darn good for free!

My 1100D came with a software disc that has the Canon EOS Utility on it. Plug camera into laptop via USB, launch the utilty and I get Live View, and a lot of other shooting options including a fairly decent intervalometer option. Pretty darn good for free!

Yes, this is excellent software - it comes with all Canon dSLRs. It even allows time-lapse photography.

EOS movie record is a neat programme for capturing live view videos at normal mag, x5 and x10 mag. APT is ideal for programming up a sequence of differing exposure sequences. It also gives you AF functions with Canon lenses for tightening up the focus on stars.

DSLR Remote Pro is a good package which I use on occasion but I prefer GBTimelapse which can switch my Canons from Manual mode to Bulb in software rather than having to turn the mode dial on the body so I can use exposures upto 30 seconds in manual then using the software extend the exposure in Bulb mode for as long as I need. Very useful for timelapses through sunrises and sunsets, both programmes have live view output to a laptop via USB

Archived