Narrowband

Lunar Eclipse: 10th December 2011

Telrad

Hi, I've put together a list of Lunar Eclipse timings for various places around the country that members may find useful on 10th December from 15:00

Moon rise times:

Aberdeen 15:24

Belfast 15:57

Birmingham 15:52

Brighton 15:54

Cardiff 16:03

Cork 16:23

Dublin 16:06

Edinburgh 15:37

Exeter 16:09

Glasgow 15:42

London 15:51

Manchester 15:49

Newcastle 15:35

Norwich 15:38

Your location will influence the view uou get, with more of the partial phase being visible the further north and east you are. Even so, this will be a very low event to witness from the UK. If you're in the far northeast, then keep an eye out for the Moon rising due northeast at around 15:00. The Moon rises about an hour later if you're in the extreme southwest.

The evening twilight will also make the eclipse harder to see. The partial phase of the eclipse is over by 16:18

NASA - Eclipses During 2011 :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shall be at work :D Thanks anyway, I saw something very similar in this months Sky at Night...

Sorry to read that Adam...still at least you have been watching some very decent films whilst at work :(:)

am looking forward to the new Sherlock Holmes, guess you'll see it before me :)

Sorry to read that Adam...still at least you have been watching some very decent films whilst at work :(:)

am looking forward to the new Sherlock Holmes, guess you'll see it before me :)

Ha I wish Alan!

I had to make up a last minute copy of Twishi*... this eve instead of trying to glimpse the eclipse!

Any luck guys and girls?

Thanks bud I shall download it soon, it looks complicated. Is it?

Ha I wish Alan!

I had to make up a last minute copy of Twishi*... this eve instead of trying to glimpse the eclipse!

Any luck guys and girls?

Thanks bud I shall download it soon, it looks complicated. Is it?

The eclipse is tomorrow actually Adam. :)

re. the prog - it's easy very user friendly. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Check out this vid:

Archived