Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC410 "The Tadpoles" Narrowband (Quattro 10" F4 newt)

Tim

I dont know why but I keep coming back to this target, probably because it sits just nicely in my obsys field of view and when it starts, I can just leave the camera rolling for a good few hours.

Picture captured in Nov 2011 with Skywatcher Quattro 10" F4 newtonian and an SXV H9 camera, with Baader narrowband filters.

7 x 1800 Ha

10 x 1800 O3

14 x 1800 S2

It adds up to 15 hours I suppose, but it doesnt feel like a long slog because of the few numbers of subs. The big CF scope is tricky to get good steady guiding going, but I do have it running 1 hour subs on certain parts of the sky, but this isn't one of them :)

I still have quite a few pictures taken at Kelling to process, and over the last few nights have gathered even more data. I simply dont have the time to do them all justice.....SO, if anybody would like to have the stacked originals to play with/practice on etc then I am happy to make them available, just need a decent free server to upload them to. Just shout.

Thanks for looking;

Tim

post-14037-133877703265_thumb.jpg

Nice work....lovely rendition of the hubble pallette Tim....very 3D :)

Rob

Thanks Rob, I am trying to get to grips with Ken Crawfords depth of field processing method, which gives the 3D feel, but actual free time for processing is limited to the extent that I have to re-learn it all over again each time :(

One thing I tried last night was building up the RGB in the traditional way using colourised clipping layers, instead of my super quick way using Registar to assign the channels to RGB. I wondered if the Registar method led to any loss of detail. Happily it doesn't, which is a relief because the Registar way is much much faster and simpler.

Cheers

Tim

Wow Tim - The detail and colour in this is really beautiful. Obviously the 30min subs at f4 have really sucked the photons in. I fret when trying 20 mins subs though - I'm not sure my nerves would take 30 mins! (As a matter of interest, did you have to leave any out of the stacks...?)

Wow Tim - The detail and colour in this is really beautiful. Obviously the 30min subs at f4 have really sucked the photons in. I fret when trying 20 mins subs though - I'm not sure my nerves would take 30 mins! (As a matter of interest, did you have to leave any out of the stacks...?)

No, I dont think so. I've been doing a few 60 min subs just lately and some of those were ruined, not sure why but when pointed upwards (IC1848/Cr33) the mount did play nicely. That is frustrating!

Martin, the stars are just off round, which im putting down to a slight sag in the focuser. I'm thinking of getting a moonlite for it though so haven't bothered adjusting it out yet. By far the trickiest part of setting up this scope is getting the HUGE secondary rotated properly!

Thank you for the comments :)

It's a tad out Mike, but i'm loathe to mess with it while there are clear nights aplenty, besides I am hoping to get a moonlite on it soon. There's just a touch of droop in the focuser I think, and it would adjust out using the provided adjustable focuser, but its a fiddly job and easy to make it worse :icon_salut:

Archived