Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How did you discover this forum?

I stumbled accross this forum after doing a search on google for reviews on the 5" refractor sold by alan at skies the limit and I found Gaz's excellent post about this scope. Decided to join the forum as it looked like good fun and have had a lot of good advice and encouragement. Thanks guys!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reader of Sky at Night Magazine here, they put a small article about there forums in the mag - i went to check them out and had a good read of the place, someone posted asking for advice over something (i forget what) and someone posted saying "you should ask on here" with a link to Stargazers :lol:

I read this place every day and think its the best out there, i dont post every day though but i deffo read atleast once :)

Whats the history of this place then? how and why was it set up?

I was googling for an answer to a question i had (can't remember what exactly) and it had a link to a message on this forum. Read around a bit and lurked, and then i wanted to ask my own questions so had to join. The rest is history. Thats why i think it's important to keep a body of knowledge here as people can always search and find answers to questions already asked. Of course that doesn't stop people asking the same old questions again and again, but its the thought that counts

Whats the history of this place then? how and why was it set up?

There was a Yahoo group that Ant and Russ started up were i was a Moderator for, the Yahoo group was getting extremely slow and i thought it prudent to create a forum. After starting the forum off i was joined by Russ who helped in setting up the forum and shortly followed by Ant. After some problems we ran into Grant came along and really got to town on the Forum Maintenance also Rob aka Bobster and a New name for the for was born S.G.L(Ant's suggestion won the vote).

It's been an all round team effort to create a friendly and informative forum i hope this is how members find S.G.L.

Thanks

James :lol:

Found you accidentily, wasn't looking for a forum, but dropped in a few times as a guest, read the posts, thought this lot are crazy enough to be interesting.

Now prove me wrong! :)

naz :)

Ok :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was Admin of another forum when James and Russ set this one up. I managed to keep away for a few days and then the irrestable urge became more irresistable (?). So I joined up and resigned/kicked off from the other one.

Ant

I was with you Ant,In Backyard astronomy group.God the good old days. :rolleyes:

I was doing a search for scope reviews on google, and up came SGL.

I have to say, it is the most enjoyable forum i have come across. Nobody ever puts people off, when they ask questions, unlike other forums i have been on.

I'm just glad I came back after so long.

Andy

PS oh yes, i forgot o mention. I just ordered my new scope on friday, so I will be posting a review when I can. Sorry guys. I guess it going to be :) :) :) even more.

Hi all,

I can't remember how I got here??? :shock:

No, honestly.......... :)

Did I find this site from surfing before or after I bought the Sky @ Night mag, last year [double CD one]?? Signed up to both forums, but find this sight more active.

Was a bit unsure about them up till then, but this site has been informative, entertaining, educational and [someother words, I can't think of, but they are positive words] :)

James

Archived