SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi Everyone.

Pedraximus

Hi,

I'm Pedro and I live down in Andalucia Spain. Good skies here especially in winter. I currently possess a lowly Celestron 114mm reflector(bought used for 80 euros) on an EQ3 with RA motor and I have a Canon 300D which is on its way from Blighty when my parents come to visit next week. (142 quid off Ebay Uk including loads of accessories and a canon lens)

I really want to get into imaging. Everything interests me so I purchased a remote shutter control (another 3 quid delivered) and am browsing the net for a T ring and extension tube for eyepiece projection.

Being fully aware that imaging with such a small scope, and more importantly, such a lightweight mount, I've been looking for another scope to complement what I already have. I like the compactness of Maks and understand the use of focal reducers for the larger DSO's. The Nexstar series has really caught my eye and I'm very aware that some people are getting some very good results considering the mounts are not ideal but I still wonder if I'm going down the right route with a budget around 500 euros. Anyway, I will post a question or 2 in the relevant sections on that matter.

For now, I would like to say Hi to everyone and Hola to anyone here in southern Spain.

Pedro:hello2:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I forgot to mention that I have had the 4.5 inch reflector for a couple of months now and have enjoyed sights of Jupiter, The Moon, The Great Cluster in Hercules(although a bit dim and fuzzy), The Ring Nebula, Pleides, Andromeda Galaxy(again, dim and fuzzy) The Orion Nebula (Looked great in such a small scope) and a few other star clusters. Still just scratching the surface I know, but Im hooked. I already have aperture fever and the need to Image so help me god the spending begins!

Pedro

WOW!......Thanks for all the great welcome messages guys.

I took the plunge last Wednesday and bought a Nexstar 5SE new off Amazon Spain. OUCH! 760 euros delivered. I ordered it about 10pm Wednesday night and it arrived via UPS from none other than the UK (First Light Optics I think) at 8pm Friday night. Damn fast shipping! i was really impressed.

The new scope curse kicked in and all I could observe on my first night with my new "Orange Lovely" was a very bright full moon through high and low cloud and Jupiter. Clouds aside, however, both were really impressive through this SCT. I had seen both through my 114mm reflector before but not like this. I can already tell that this scope and mount are going to be good fun.

My 300d arrives Thursday night when my parents get here and I have a T ring on order. Some pictures may be forth coming soon. I cant wait.

Thanks again for the wonderfull welcome guys.

Archived