sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Cant download stellarium onto i-phone

Hi all I'm having problems downloading stellarium onto my i-phone every time I try I get a message come up that says Update Required This app requires iso 5.0. anybody got any ideas :)

Robbie

IOS 5 is the latest operating system for iphones and ipads. Many apps have been updated for the new ios and so will not run on devices that have not been updated. Plug your phone into itunes, allow it to update the IOS, it's free, and then you should have no further issues.........

Have you tried skysafari on the app store. I downloaded it a couple of days ago as it was on offer 69p it works a treat for me and I have not updated to iOS 5

It was recommended in another tread a couple of days ago

Have you tried skysafari on the app store. I downloaded it a couple of days ago as it was on offer 69p it works a treat for me and I have not updated to iOS 5

It was recommended in another tread a couple of days ago

Thanks for that I'll give it a look:icon_salut:

I'm confused as the main Stellarium page makes no reference to an iPhone version?

I don't know about that all I done was go to the app store and type in stellarium and there it was

Forget Stellarium. I have Sky Safari Plus on the iphone 4. Its the best 6 quid i have ever spent. It is huge. HUGE!! and makes Stellarium look like pants.

no argument from me :) Stellarium on the laptop is great, on the iPhone it is just average

Edited by Photosbykev