Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargazing Live 2012

Nexus 6

I am glad to see the weather is in everyone's favour for tonight and hope you all wrap up well against the cold.

Sadly for me, I am not going to be able to get down to the event, illness yet again has forced me to stay indoors all weekend and I am not feeling up to or wanting to risk going out anywhere.

To say I am upset would be an under statement.

I hope everyone who goes has a fantastic time! :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I may not have managed to go to the event being held but am amazed to have been told there were around 1,300 people who did! :D

What a fantastic response! :)

Thanks to BBC Look North and BBC Radio Humberside for making an appearance, not sure who that big fella with the 12" dob was I seen on the tv? :)

So glad the weather did not ruin things ;)

Many thanks to the staff at Waters Edge and Far Ings in helping to make it all happen. :)

Just goes to show how much an effect Stargazing live can have, this time last year there was nothing going on, we did not even have an astronomy society for this part of England, it was for that reason I started North Lincs Astro. I am sure there will be a few more members coming to our next meeting at Far Ings.

Best Wishes to all who went last night! :)

The Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust really need a special mention as they provided the venue and organised the activities inside. They also provide the venue for the North Lincs Astro Society as well as hosting Paul Money's star nights throughout the year at their various sites.

Did you get a look through my 12" Dobsonian, Jamie ?

I spoke to staff at both Waters Edge and Far Ings the next morning, both said the total for the night was well over 1,300 people mate, as I reported above, of course they were one short :)

Sorry about that, I some how missed your post. WOW I knew there was a lot of folks there but 1,300! Maths were never my strong point :)

Archived