SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear skies :)

Uranium235

Tonights looking good. Even though the moon is about, its not wrecking the rest of the sky because its so clear :)

Nice to see a black sky, rather than an orange one!

But first I need to fuel up for a long evening. Also got the jaffa cakes and frazzles on standby in case I need nibbly later on.

Happy hunting and take care, its going to be icy tonight :)

There was the potential for a five planet session today/tonight. I noticed Venus just setting as I left work, with Jupiter rising. Uranus is just off to the right of Jupiter and Mars and Saturn will be rising later. Very nearly swapped my imaging newtonian for my C9.25 to have a butchers at the latter four, but then saw how well cassiopeia was placed and started imaging that pillar thingy in IC1848. Running 60 min subs on it so hopefully the clouds will keep dispersing before they get here :)

Hope a few of you guys/gals can get out too tonight.

Tonights looking good. Even though the moon is about, its not wrecking the rest of the sky because its so clear :)

Nice to see a black sky, rather than an orange one!

But first I need to fuel up for a long evening. Also got the jaffa cakes and frazzles on standby in case I need nibbly later on.

Happy hunting and take care, its going to be icy tonight :)

Ooooh, pass us a jaffa cake i love 'em!:)

Still clear here & grabbing Ha from the flaming star neb.

Yeah it is a bit odd how astronomers always go for the jaffa cakes :) I could scoff a whole box in 5min.... maybe 20min if I strategically dismantle them by nibbling round the edges, then stripping off the orange bit before finishing off the sponge :)

Note to self: Bring many jaffa cakes to SGL 7

Cor... aint half nippy, its only just gone 8 and my feet are cold already!

Archived