Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bonjour from Shrivenham

shedifice

Hi all,

Looked here a few times and thought best to join up!

I have a Celestron Astromaster 130. Not the most elaborate peice of kit but I like it. Been in its box for a few years with lots of moves but it is out again now we have settled a bit into our new house.

My Sons middle name is Orion as that was what I was looking at on or close to the night of conception. (not too many jokes please).

I built a few bits of the Huygens lander that went to Titan and I think space is a brilliant place.

Cheers fellow night people.

Leigh

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You built a few bits of the Huygens lander... Which bits? Why oh why did its batteries run out so quickly?

Your son is lucky. He could have been Coma Berencies or Cassiopeia.

Or ceiling rose...maybe...Dash(board)?

...sorry!

Welcome to SGL!

:) :) I could not have done it in the car then, now I hgave a kiddy wagon you could play tennis in there. Come to think of it the wife would probablky prefer that now! Tennis that is

I worked on the composite top hat in the middle that held all the bits together. It was amazing that it worked and got images back.

L.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I will shortly be building a pillar, post, perm support in my garden so will trawl the diy pages I think.

Nosivad,

I was until 2 years ago in the grenoble/chartreuse area. I sure miss the dark clear skys there.

Leigh

My other random, tentative astro claim to fame was that I worked at the same place as the guy that wrote the IPhone star app thing (not sure of the correct name as I don't have an IPhone.). We have both since left now and he is considerably better off!

L.

Archived