SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Polar Alignment Guide.

barkis

Many years ago when I had my observatory which housed my 12" Newtonian, I too fretted over the problem of polar alignment.

I contributed to Astronomy and always looked forward to my monthly Mag. through the door.

Then I got the August 1982 edition, and there was an article by no less than Robert Burnham, on Polar Aligning your equatorial mount.

I dutifully followed the details given, and it worked. It worked to the tune that I could take exposures of up to half an hour, and the only adjustments were to the RA, and only because my equipment was home made, and my worm and wheel came from a bulk film developing unit. Hardly precision engineering. However, I have scanned the relevant pages and posted the here in the hope that it may help some to complete their polar aligning.

Ron. :)

Dear "Barkis," I was looking forward to reading your instructions for "Polar Aligning," but they've been removed?

Regards,

:D

Philsail1

Whoops!, I may have inadvertently deleted them Philsail. I will repost them.

Ron. By the way Phils. They came from Astronomy Magazine 1982. Not mine I'm afraid :police:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived